While the entire job hunting process can take weeks or even months, the actual work that needs to be done depends on you. In this article you’ll find 2 steps that can be done in 2 hours to receive your first response, even if you’re starting from scratch.
1. Create a Killer resume (1 hour)
Some people worked very hard to create a perfect resume. To make your resume better or even from scratch, take inspiration from others and create your perfect resume by following few simple steps below.
- Open Google
- Search for your job title + resume. For example, “Java developer resume”
- Go to Advanced Search Options by clicking on the gear on the right side
- Under File Type, choose Microsoft Word (.doc)
- Search and download all the relevant CVs
- Pick your favorite template and replace it’s data with yours
Now you have a “good to start with” resume!
Click here to read the full article on how to create a killer resume.
2. Search open positions and submit your resume (1 hour)
What can be simpler than searching for your desired job, let Google to do the rest.
- Open Google
- Search for your job title + jobs. For example, “Java developer jobs”
- Open every result link one after one
For each link, do the following:
- Check if this is a valid post / company / recruiter to avoid spam
- Submit your resume, complete a full registration if required
- Make a list of positions you applied to
This challenge might not land you the job of your dreams overnight, but this is a start. When I started my first job search I was confused, too much information out there and I didn’t even know where to begin. This fear of not having the perfect resume, relevant experience and most of all that I never 100% fit all the job requirements.
I created this challenge for myself 10 years ago, and I’m doing it every time when I look for a new job. After I get my first response (usually in 24 hours), it gives me confidences that there are plenty of fish in the sea and drive to do more. And more importantly it gives me the first push, because let’s face it - we all need one.
Get Your Copy Of The Finding the best IT JOB: A Practical Guide [Kindle Edition] By Visiting: www.amazon.com/dp/B00JPFAZ88